Simple Meetings, Complex Problems

Managing small get-togethers can pose big challenges for corporations – but solutions are close at hand.
Who would have thought that planning a simple meeting of 10 to 50 people could be so complicated? It’s counterintuitive to say the least, yet the reality is that most simple meetings fly under the radar and end up being a significant part of a company’s unmanaged spend.

Meetings account for a noteworthy portion of the travel manager’s budget: a study by the US Travel Association found that of the $225 billion spent in the US domestic travel industry, 57 percent was for general business travel, and the remaining 43 percent was attributed to meetings. It also stated that:

• 1-3 percent of a company’s total revenue is spent on meetings & events
• 25-30 percent of total T&E spend
• 60-120 percent of corporate air volume
• half to one percent of annual gross sales  

“Today, meetings in general are the largest area of unmanaged spend in a corporation,” notes Charles de Gaspe Beaubien, president and CEO of Groupize, a leader in the simple meetings and events space, located in Beverly, MA.

Meetings and SMM

Categories: Special ReportMeetings and SMM

Full Access to premium content subscribers only. Please login below or register HERE

Forgot Password?

Not registered yet?


Publishing Office:

Three Silver Star Court
Unit 1
Vernon, NJ 07462

Editorial Office:

5768 Remington Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27104

Subscription Services:

P.O. Box 542
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444

Business Traveler Executive Logo Blue