The Lufthansa Group has started offering its Green Fares on 12 selected long-haul routes, including connections between Lufthansa Group hubs and various destinations around the world including two in North America.
By booking a Green Fare, travelers are selecting full offsetting of individual, flight-related CO2 emissions through the use of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), which reduces 10 percent of CO2 emissions combined with a contribution to high-quality climate protection projects offsetting the remaining 90 percent.
The group initially introduced Green Fares for routes within Europe and to North Africa. Since the launch In February, more than half a million passengers have already chosen for a Green Fares flight.

Business Travel News Promo

The long-haul city pairs now offering Green Fares include Zurich-Los Angeles, Frankfurt-Miami, Sao Paulo-Zurich, Frankfurt-Bengaluru, Munich-Seoul, Brussels-Kinshasa, Singapore-London, Nairobi-Frankfurt, Bangkok-Vienna, Hong Kong-London, London-Hong Kong, Paris-Bangkok. 
The Lufthansa Group airlines participating in the test are Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines and SWISS, which offer the connections - if included in the respective route network - via their booking sites. 
Travelers booking flights with Lufthansa Group airlines, for example from London to Hong Kong or Paris to Bangkok, via the airlines' hubs, are also automatically shown Green Fares. The Lufthansa Group also offers Green Fares for routes with connecting flights.
"The growing demand for our Green Fares shows that more and more people want to travel as sustainably as possible," said Christina Foerster, who is the member of the Lufthansa Group Executive Board responsible for brand and sustainability. “The Green Fares test on long-haul flights will provide us with important insights for the further development of our portfolio for more sustainable travel.”