ARC Reports Strong Increase in Air Tickets Sold for July
By Harvey Chipkin
Airlines Reporting Corp. (ARC) reported that the consolidated dollar value of airline tickets sold in July by US-based travel agencies increased 4 percent to $8 billion compared with $7.7 billion in July 2018. The average US roundtrip ticket price was $498, a 3 percent increase from the same month the prior year. The total number of passenger trips settled by ARC for US travel agencies increased 3.5 percent to 25,058,697 compared with 24,202,549 in July 2018. US domestic trips increased 3.2 percent while international passenger trips grew 4.1 percent. Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD) sales in July totaled $6.9 million, a 7.3 percent increase compared with the same period in 2018. EMD transaction volume increased 2 percent in July 2019 compared with the same month last year. EMD’s include fees for products and services such as upgraded seats, checked luggage, etc.