WINiT by GBTA Names New Strategic Advisory Board Members
The global organization also announces leadership positions for its new Glass Breakers initiative >>
by: Dan Booth
WINiT by GBTA has announced new appointments to its 21-member Strategic Advisory Board. WINiT is a global network that works in partnership with the Global Business Travel Association to drive positive change for the career mobility of women in travel-related industries.
The new leadership appointments on the Strategic Advisory Board are: • Dorothy Dowling, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and former WINiT chair, will serve in the newly created role of WINiT Strategic Senior Advisor. As the former SAB chairperson, she will continue to serve as a senior advisor to support transition and ensure succession planning.
• Michelle (Mick) Lee, managing director, BNY Mellon, direct member of the GBTA Board and former WINiT vice chair, will now serve as chair of the WINiT SAB. Lee will also lead the WINiT Gala, Convention, and Social Media Committees.
• Beth Kinerk, senior vice president of sales, Avis Budget Group and former WINiT SAB member, will serve as SAB vice chair.
• Additionally, Kelly Kuhn, former executive vice president and chief customer officer and currently a special advisor to executive leadership at CWT, has been appointed as the newest member of the SAB.
WINiT is also rolling out a strategic initiative called Glass Breakers with new appointees. In this senior strategic visionary role, SAB members will focus on specific goals and serve as advocates for WINiT’s programs and objectives.
Glass Breakers appointees are: • MENTORING AND INDUSTRY WORKFORCE SUSTAINABILITY: Mary Ellen Hess, executive vice president business development, Corporate Travel Management (CTM)
• REDEFINING RETURN TO THE ROAD AND RETURN TO THE OFFICE: Patti Huska, chief people officer, American Express Global Business Travel
• EDUCATION: Christle Johnson, vice president, travel and business services, Johnson Downie LLC
• ALLYSHIP: Melissa Maher, senior vice president, marketing and industry engagement, Expedia, Inc.
• TECHNOLOGY: Traci Mercer, senior vice president, global lodging, ground and sea, Sabre Travel Network
In addition, Aileen Furlong, managing director, global corporate sales, United Airlines and SAB member, will serve as the WINiT representative on GBTA’s DEI Committee.
“We are expanding volunteer opportunities on the Board through the creation of sub-committees with targeted initiatives to progress gender equality in our 2022 programming” said Lee, “Look for more details in our social media channels, including specific roles for men to engage with WINiT.”